Spot UV Business Cards - Paper & Price
We at Whizz Prints gets lots of order & enquiry about embossed business cards and Spot UV visiting cards. People often use these world interchangeably with just few knowing the clear difference between the two. We dealt with embossed business cards design and printing earlier.
Embossing is the pressure technique where with the help of the die pressure is applied on to the certain portion of cards like logo, tag line, photo etc. This results into raised kind of the effect on the card. This should not be confused with slight raised effect which one can see in screen printing. Embossed effect is much more prominent and striking. Spot UV on the other hand is a film i.e. UV film which is applied on to the certain portion again which can be logo etc. This results into the UV portion highlighting more than the rest of the card.
Know having understood the main differentiation. It is now time to study about the paper on which UV can be applied. Is the there minimum stock of paper in GSM. Can we apply UV on even 170 gsm art paper. Requisite for applying UV is doing matt lamination on the card. After matt lamination Spot UV is done. Though there is no rule as such that this is prescribed minimum thickness of paper for applying UV, but we at Whizz Prints advise you to select 250 GSM and above paper.
80% of this application is for business cards. Chunk of remaining 20% is taken by brochures and folders.
We are offering UV on below paper stock:-
- 300 gsm paper with matt lamination
- 350 gsm paper with matt lamination
- 380 gsm paper with matt lamination
There are also question on maximum thickness of the card available. There are few printers who may offer you to go with 450 gsm or 500 gsm visiting card. More than 380 gsm ideally become a cardboard. Unless you don't have pressing need to go with 450/500 gsm, 380 gsm is fairly thick paper and easy to carry. Print quality or the UV effect has no bearing on the paper thickness. Your card printed on 380 gsm will also look similar to 300 gsm or 450 gsm.
Texture paper and recycle paper do not come with the UV effect. Whole purpose of these cards will be defeated if you go with UV as that would require lamination. You won't be able to feel the texture or recycle feel on touching the card if you apply UV. Ivory and art paper are also used for these cards which in thickness implies the same.
Spot UV as mentioned earlier is applied on certain portion. You should not select the whole area. Printers including us allow max 50% coverage area. It should be used intelligently for highlighting. If film is there on the whole card then nothing as such is highlighted. We offer high quality offset printing for Spot UV.
Prices varies as per thickness and if you are looking for single side or both side card.
- 300 gsm single side - Rs 850/- for 1000
- 350 gsm single side - Rs 925/- for 1000
- 380 gsm single side - Rs 1050/- for 1000
- 300 gsm both sides - Rs 1050/- for 1000
- 350 gsm both sides - Rs 1350/- for 1000
- 380 gsm both sides - Rs 1450/- for 1000
To check the current price and paper thickness, visit the visiting card page.